We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- when you agree to take a service or product from us, or from one of our lenders, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
- when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- from documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use this for the following purposes and shall not keep such personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We, or one of our lenders, may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
- We, and other companies in our group, or our lenders, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
- If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write to our Data Protection Manager at 40RTY, SBC House, Restmor Way, Wallington SM6 7AH
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called cookies.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use.
If you have any queries about these, or would like more information, please contact our Data Protection Manager, 40RTY, SBC House, Restmor Way, Wallington SM6 7AH, or email us at info@40RTY.co.uk
By using this website, you agree that 40RTY, SBC House, Restmor Way, Wallington SM6 7AH can place cookies on your device.
If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always email at info@40RTY.co.uk at any time if you change your mind.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails messages sent through a website are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.
Last Updated: Oct 2017